beginner friendly firewall add on to Win 7 firewall

Discussion in 'Software' started by ccn, Sep 18, 2013.

1. ccn

ccn Private E-2

Hi folks, unfortunately for my job i need to use unsecured networks at times and i wanted to add more protection to the win 7 firewall, can you recommend any that are user friendly?

Thank you

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

AVG Pro has a Firewall that is user friendly.

4. ccn

ccn Private E-2

Thanks guys, how does Tiny Firewall compare to the win 7 firewall control? I am not experienced in knowing what is what and what to allow or not allow.

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

I think you are referring to TinyWall

There was also a product called Tiny Personal Firewall - not the same thing.

Based on what I have read, you may find TinyWall to be too restrictive in it's initial default configuration.
    TinyWall Frequently Asked Questions

A good review:
    TinyWall, a powerful Windows Firewall

6. ccn

ccn Private E-2

Thank you but it does look a little too complicated for me , can someone suggest a possible third party firewall that has more protection than the base Win 7 firewall but is idiot proof ?

Thanks for all help folks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds