Belkin N300/Emachine EL1352-01e/iPhone 4 Hotspot Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fkbsar, Mar 17, 2013.

1. fkbsar

fkbsar Private First Class

TIA

I purchased a used Emachine EL-1352, a Belkin N300 micro and I have a iPhone 4 with Personal Hotspot. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on the computer and installed the Belkin with the included software. The computer sees the iPhone and I put in the password but it will not connect.

I don't know where to go from here. I was at Best Buy purchasing some speakers and spoke to someone on the Geek Squad and he suggested that maybe it was something in the settings of the Firewall, which is on, but I don't know what to change to allow connectivity and don't have a Geek Squad account to get further help from them. In addition he said it could be network settings but I don't know what to do there either.

My daughter has a HP with built in wireless and I have a laptop that connect to the iPhone Hotspot with no problems at all - so I know that it is operational.

Thank you for your time and effort.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds