Belkin Wireless 54G Adapter detected not "Enabling"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Native, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Native

Native Private E-2

Hey there

I'm having a bit of a problem with my wireless adapter from belkin, it was working fine up until 4 days ago when it simply stopped working. i worked with it that morning and that afternoon upon returning to my computer it was not working.

after looking for a problem and trying to reinstall the driver i saw that the wireless connection using said adapter was disabled. so i tried to enable it, i get the load box saying "enabling..." and after a few seconds the loading box says enabled but it stay disabled in the window.

i've tried changing driver and i actually went to buy another and it didn't work(returned it). my dad has the same adapter as mine and his still works like a charm. i've had the adapter for a year and never had problems with it on xp, vista or windows 7 until now.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Computer hardware works and then it might "Die" and Not work anymore.

That might be the case of your adapter.

3. Native

Native Private E-2

when i said this i meant it works great on his comp not mine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds