1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belkin Wireless Card Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by RMadness66, Jul 29, 2009.

1. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

I've got an HP Pavilion ze4900 laptop. I just reinstalled windows and my wireless card is no longer being detected. I tried downloading the driver for the correct version from belkin.com. When I try to run the utility , it automatically closes. I'm getting no light, nothing. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Madness
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled Windows XP on the machine. The model is ze4901us. I'm assuming the chipset drivers aren't installed, as I haven't installed them and I was looking for drivers under the wrong model. It's not built in, it's added. I'll try the chipset driver installation utility from the HP site. Thanks
  4. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

Tried installing the chipset drivers. I reinstalled the Belkin software. At first it seemed to recognize it and open, but then it closed right away as it has been doin.
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Just asking again as what was the reason to install a belkin wireless card as from what I read that model laptop comes with Wifi built in, in either Intel or Broadcom, so should not need an add-on card (then again knowing HP and others some models may not)

Could you post the devices in Device Manager that have a yellow ! mark next to them?

Also what is the Belkin wifi cards model number and have you checked to see if a newer driver exists for it?

Also please attach an everest report and instructions below on how to do this: