BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by csnfan, Mar 29, 2005.

1. csnfan

csnfan Private E-2

I anticipate that soon I will have to reformat my HDD and do a complete system restore in the near future. (Windows XP - Home). I've been using BellSouth DSL since last October and had no problems installing it but this is the first time I will have to re-install it after a system restore. Is there anyone out there with BellSouth FastAccess DSL who has had the experience and can tell me what problems (if any) to expect? Can I just use the CD and select a choice indicating that I already have an account username and password and be done with it? Thank you.

2. csnfan

csnfan Private E-2

3. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

We've had BellSouth Fast Access DSL for about a year and a half now. OS's are XP Home and ME. You do NOT need to install their software (which does not have an uninstaller). XP has native support for PPPoE and will automatically configure your connection..you just need to enter your user name and password when prompted AFTER typing 'launchmodem' (minus the quotes) in your browser.

I (the XP machine) have formatted a couple times since we got it just because I like to start fresh every now and then and I have never had a problem with my connection...fast as the dickens and reliable to boot.:)

4. csnfan

csnfan Private E-2

Thanks AbbeySue. It's good to know that there is no hassle with the reconfiguration. I have not yet undertaken the task of reformatting and re-installing but I know the day will come. Just trying to pre-plan as much as possible. I surely do appreciate your post. Thank you again and have a great day!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds