Best additions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Donuts, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Donuts

Donuts Private E-2

Have a hp pavilion zv 5000 labtop equiped for wireless and a rv I travel in.. Am frequently staying at rv parks with wireless but have trouble with reception. What brand devices such as antenna etc would be most useful with this problem? Thanks

2. CrashOverride

CrashOverride Private E-2

To be honest, for someone who travels alot, because it seems like you do, I would definitely suggest possibly looking into getting an aircard with your cell phone provider, I use to work at circuit city(blah) and alot of people who traveled alot were constantly looking for a better way to stay connected other then their internal wireless card, you'll get a stronger connection and notice you'll be able to stay connected no matter where you are with an aircard, just a possible suggestion someone else on the forum might have a better suggestion though.:major

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't RV but I was looking for a solution to connect a computer in the basement wirelessly to the router upstairs on the opposite end of the house.
    While searching, I read that a few RVers use this
    http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=60&ProdID=280
    Note: complaints say that the device is plastic but since you are not going to be putting it in luggage and using it semi-permanently, that might not be a concern. Get a longer USB extension, place the device high up and near a window and rotate the dish until you pick up the strongest signal.
    If I find the picture someone posted, I'll put another link here.

Article mentioning three products: http://dangrv.com/index.php/archives/109

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds