best application to burn cds...

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigmit37, Mar 4, 2005.

1. bigmit37

bigmit37 Private E-2

I am planning to make an audio cd using various mp3 songs that I have...I want to ensure that I am getting the best quality that I am capable of...So wondering whats the best application...At the moment I am using nero...I also wanted to know if there are any other factors I should consider to get the best quality...thank you

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Nero is one of the best burners, if not the best, on the market. I use it all the time. The biggest factor is the quality of the file. The higher the bitrate the better the sound. For me, 128 kbps is the bare minimum for acceptable sound. Anything lower tends to sound too weak and tinny.

3. bigmit37

bigmit37 Private E-2

oh ok thanks a lot...so i guess I will look into the bitrates of songs to determine quality...

4. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

Another vote for Nero!!! I've used lots and always go back to Nero.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yeah Nero is my choice too but I personally always go with 192kbps as a min for good sound.

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

dbPowerAmp with Lame as a backend though you probably won't need it. Goes from 96KB to WMP or Flac quality with a better compression after conversion than MP3 for a given bitrate.

7. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

I HATE NERO!!!! i have never had any good expierences with the program, pertaining to burning dvds, but i have an mp3player so i dont burn cd's.

8. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

Yes, definitely at least 192, I like 256 myself, 320 can be "loud" with some types of music. :D

9. best5

best5 Private E-2

Hello,

I used Nero (all versions between 5533 and 6009 ) and can say that it's not exactly a dream software...Roxio DVD and CD Creator 6.x is better by far! I like a lot German stuff but Nero.
    BTW, to make CD-ROMs out of MP3 : you need just a decent software.Your MP3 files are as they are and you cannot do a thing with Nero to improve their quality. Only a sound editor like Cool Edit / Sound Forge can help you to make them better, before you burn them to a CD-ROM.

all the best

10. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Ha Ha, ya rite! that's one opinion, here's mine:

Nero 6 ultra is the best, IMO, I'll take it over Roxio any day!
    Nero is great choice for DVD's too!

You can download trial version of Nero & check it out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds