Best Browers!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by earlthemailman, Mar 16, 2005.

1. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

hello all-
    i have been reading user comments at various site such as download.com about the variety of browsers available now. Avant and FIrefox seem to be the better ones, and i use firefox right now, with no problems. however, if there is something safe and better out there i would like to know about it. thank you

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Mozilla Firefox is for sure the safest as of right now. Stick with Firefox :D

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Avant browser is an overlay for Internet Explorer. It has most, if not all, of IE's security holes.

4. Lecter

Lecter Private E-2

I like Opera. After using it for a month, I paid for the pro version to support them (and remove the banner).

On my computer, it renders web pages faster than Firefox or IE. If you don't mind poking around .ini files or using a .css file to blocks ads, it is customizable to a fine degree. It includes an e-mail client, RSS reader and and IRC client. Lots of skins are available for it.

If its price doesn't scare you away, it is well worth exploring.

L

5. Lecter

Lecter Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds