Best dvd burning program/s for me

Discussion in 'Software' started by pearce88, Nov 8, 2009.

1. pearce88

pearce88 Private E-2

Hi all.

I am looking to burn a few dvd's and am currently looking for some good programs to use.
    I watch all dvd's on a small analogue tv and my pc, no big plasma or hd tv's. No wide screens either.
    Quality means alot to me, but my tv and pc are small so quality shouldn't really be too different, no matter how I burn?

Im looking for easy programs to use, that give good quality dvd's.
    I only keep 5.1 sound English, English subtitles. I delete all extras and everything else, so obviously the program I need has to have that ability.
    The program does not have to be 1 click, and I can use a combination of many programs, aslong as they are easy to use.

I use verbatim dvd-r media and my dvd burner is a liteon. My pc is an amd athlon dual core and I have xp installed.

Also another question, does surfing the net or watching youtube videos while burning/ripping have any adverse affects on the dvd quality?

Can you recomend me a program to use? Which one do you use? Free programs would be prefered but if their are no good ones I will have to buy software.

Which programs do you use to give you best quality?
    Thankyou.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. joe berg

joe berg Private E-2

DVD Flick is a very good freebie and it does allow a bit of editing. I found the burner very slow so I used it for converting and Ashampoo 6 for burning which is excellent.

Joe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds