Best free antivirus and malware removal tool

Discussion in 'Software' started by audreybrayden, Jun 26, 2011.

1. audreybrayden

audreybrayden Private E-2

Hi Friends what is the best free antivirus or malware removal tool you have been using or used

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Moved to software. Not seeking actual malware removal.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    I am currently using Comodo Internet Security 5.4 ....(free).... here...

http://majorgeeks.com/Comodo_Internet_Security_d6234.html

I have not tweaked it and left it all at it's defaults and have it set to auto scan the whole computer once a month, ( though I run a Spyware scan weekly) I have found it to be very light on resources, previously had AVG and that bogged my machine down dreadfully.
    I also use Malwarebytes Free ....

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

This is an excellent tool for finding and removing many infections, the only downside is that you have to manually update the definitions before you scan your machine, you are advised to leave it set to its default settings and just run quick scans, I use this on a daily basis.

Fingers crossed ;) I have not had an infectiion or malware in a long time!!!.
    Though it is stressed that even though you may think that you are completley safe and have all the security in place and upto date ,it is what you the user does when you surf sites and download stuff that gets the machine infected, so common sense plays a BIG part in stating Virus/Malware Free.

iain.t :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds