best free gaming screen recorder

Discussion in 'Software' started by hugh750, Sep 6, 2010.

1. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

i'm looking for a good free gaming screen recorder
    and so far i've tried wegame (which is too buggy), gamecam (the free version doesn't record sound), camstudio (which isn't for gaming):cry
    please anyone if you know of a good free gaming screen recorder that isn't listed here please tell me, but please don't mention xfire (because i don't want any instant messanger programs on my computer (unless it's instant messanger can be turned off)):-D

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

As much as said no to xfire, its the only program i have found to stream / record games that causes the least interfence and problems. Im interested in your concern about xfire's instant messenger feature? If you never add anyone to instant messenger its pretty much "off" as no one can contact you.

3. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

i just don't want anyone else who's using xfire to instant message me:p

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

also i don't want to stream any of my videos to the web, it's only for personal use;)

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I like Fraps, but they do require a donation before they let you record more than 30 seconds at a time.

And Xfire lets you save the videos to your PC as well as stream them.

6. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

With xfire, if you dont have friends added to it, then they wont be able to instant message you. Fraps was the other one i like, but couldn't think of the name.

7. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

i tried xfire but i couldn't get it to record (i was using my laptop (i play older games on it plus free games)) i do most of my heavy duty gaming on my main gaming rig :drool, please let me know if anyone knows of any other free gaming screen recording software??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds