best freeware games

Discussion in 'Software' started by BigBoyAsta, Feb 6, 2009.

1. BigBoyAsta

BigBoyAsta Private E-2

So my computer back at the apartment is offline for now, so im putting freeware games onto a usb drive to transfer over there so i can atleast not go 100% crazy. Just curious if there are any freeware game titles that keep a good solid gameplay for hours.

2. champyg

champyg Private E-2

me and the roommates been rockin some old freeware RTSs. thought he said he found Red Alert 2 free, but im not seeing it. RA1 is though. and i went back and played an old sierra space-fiction rts called Outpost 2. that's all i can think of right now. hope it helps :)

3. BigBoyAsta

BigBoyAsta Private E-2

Unfortunately, command and conquer is 500mg :(
    Just for one disc.

Although its worth it, i dont think i can be in the library dl'ing that much material.

Any other suggestions?

4. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

5. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

I believe the original Fallout is now available for legit free download and play. But I'd imagine it's 500 MB or more also. Here's one link, but this free version requires a DosBox install to run it in Windows:

http://www.fileradar.net/files/view/Fallout_Fallout---Full-Free-Game/1186

Note that there are a number of links to different download sites at the above link. While the buttons say "Demo" they are, apparently, the full version of Fallout. Whether all of those downloads require the DosBox (which is also free but will require some tinkering with settings to get Fallout running with DosBox) I can't say.

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Good Old Games guarantees compatibility with Xp and Vista.

Abandonia is completely free, but some game may require a bit of tweaking to run.

7. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

8. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

9. hunt

hunt Private E-2

AllGamesAtoZ.com has many games, make a try.

10. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

11. ekologycal

ekologycal Private E-2

Thank you for all the links with freeware games

12. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

If you liked the old Sierra adventure games, then you'll like these fan made upgrades. These are professional looking and playing games.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

13. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

No one mentioned Battle for Wesnoth?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds