Best Guide/Book to learn PHP from scratch

Discussion in 'Software' started by blogginginc, Jan 1, 2009.

1. blogginginc

blogginginc Private E-2

Hi again,

I'd like to know which is in your opinion the best books/guides to learn php from scratch. Doesn't matter if they are available online or not.

I have another related question: Is it better to learn a programming language through creating any app or function that comes to your mind that can be added to a website?.

Thanks and happy new year.:wave

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

I learned PHP by reading library books, and by looking on php.net while working on projects that I wanted to make. I needed to improve the projects several times because of new info I learned, but it helped me learn. The main books I used were: a huge one called something like Everything About PHP, that is probably too much for a beginner, as I was lost in it initially, and a small one called Sams Teach Yourself PHP in 10 Minutes. I think it is the best one for beginners that I have found. There is also one for learning in 24 hours that is also good, but larger. The smaller book gives a basic working knowledge, but doesn't go much into things like classes. For a while I used only the 10 Minutes book and php.net. Now I just use php.net, and once in a while browse a new PHP book when I find one in a library.

3. sohaibshaheen

sohaibshaheen Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds