Best ideal temps for Desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goldenskull, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I got this mother board
    MSI 870A-G54 (MS-7599) (CPU1) 65 °F
    CPU
    AMD Athlon II X2 260 71 °F
    Regor 45nm Technology

Graphics
    512MB GeForce 8400 GS (EVGA) 114 °F

These are my temps under heavy load but my video card does run a little hot under load up too about 130 to 140 I am hoping the video card will not burn out its not even OC lol

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Have you claen up the case of your machine from dust ? There is a lot of oveheating problem to this gpu , look this

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=171474

and this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series

Problems

Some chips of the GeForce 8 series (concretely those from the G84 and G86 series) may suffer from an overheating problem. NVIDIA states this issue should not affect many chips,[40] whereas others assert that all of the chips in these series are potentially affected.[40] NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang and CFO Marvin Burkett were involved in a lawsuit filed on September 9, 2008 alleging that their knowledge of the flaw, and their intent to hide it, resulted in NVIDIA losing 31% on the stock markets.[41]
    The reason for the high failure rate was because of improper selection of the underfill material for the chip. Underfill materials are a type of glue that keeps the silicon die firmly attached to the packaging material, which is where the connection to the actual pins takes place. On the affected chips, the working temperature of the underfill material was too low for the task and allowed the chip to move slightly if temperature was raised above a certain level, weakening the solder joints by which the die is attached. This eventually leads to a catastrophic failure, although the way the chip fails is quite random.

There is a chipset problem in these series , if you place an extra fun in computer case would be better than now !! :wave

3. Goldenskull

i clean out the case once a week so problem for dust.
    i all so switched out the Paste when i first got it so it helped a little with the new past

4. Goldenskull

I cleaned it out too day and my GPU temp drop bye 10F its around 105 now my case is custom made bye maw lol i have two sets of big dual fans cooling it.its them kinda fans that you can put into a window I use Speccy too read my temps.Cpu drop down too 45F mother board is down too 85 HDs stay around 80 So all in all i very cooled desktop.My computer stuff is all in the base ment Dusty as **** lol.But as long as i keep it cleaned its fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds