Best LCD Manufacturers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ANHEDONIC, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

Well... I junked my old Dell CRT Monitor a few months ago and I want to purchase an LCD Monitor... Either 17" or 19" and spend in the $200-300 price range (including tax & shipping)... This monitor will be used predominantly for everyday internet usage... I do not game much and do not use any advanced graphics programs nor watch movies on my computer....

At first I was just going to try to find a Dell Ultrasharp but I was perusing www.Newegg.com 's website and was viewing some of their monitors... Does NEC make reputable LCD's????

I found these 2 that interested me:

NEC LCD175VX-BK Black 17" 8ms DVI LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 500:1

NEC Display Solutions 1940CX-BK Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 550:1

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...

2. pasound

pasound Private E-2

The NEC's are pretty good - we have several at work - detail and focus are sharp, easy to read text and web pages. One is used for Autocad drawings - the user likes it.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

5. ANHEDONIC

Thx guys...

Bump

anyone else have anything to offer?

6. vito2k

vito2k Private E-2

If you are willing to buy a generic brand Chimei has a 22' inch lcd for $340 and my buddy plays games and everything on it and hasn't experienced any dead pixels or ghosting and he's had it for about for about 4 months. check it out on newegg.com. I plan on buying one with my new build.

7. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

8. Rdoro007

Rdoro007 Private E-2

I Bought the Samsung Sync Master 931b. $230.00 19 inch been a very nice monitor .

9. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

I also have an NEC. It's a 17" MultiSync 1760V. I've had it about 2 1/2 years. It's been a great monitor. It was a bit pricey at the time but I'm sure prices have dropped considerably since then.
    Crazylegs

10. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Update:

The Dell 20" Widescreen Monitor is now $230 and I don't think you'll get a better monitor for that price...

www.slickdeals.net - The first line under Saturday, October 21.

11. ANHEDONIC

I am also looking at the Dell Monitors....

Dell UltraSharp 19"

[​IMG]

What's the warranty like on the NEC monitors? I know Dell offers 3 years...

12. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

i cant recomend models but some good manufacturers to try are
    Veiw sonic
    Sony
    Acer
    NEC
    Samsung
    LG

13. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Both the ones that you linked to have 3-year warranties.

14. stardustx

stardustx Private E-2

I've had my NEC MultiSync LCD 1530v for about 5 years, never had a problem with it. Picture is as sharp as the day I bought it.
    Star

15. Fleabus

Fleabus Private First Class

Hi:

I've been using these for a while:

2 x Samsung SyncMaster 213T Black 21.3" TFT DV-I @ 1600x1200 60Hz native.

With an ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB PCI-E Dual DVI OUT.
    Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core S939 Toledo
    2GB (Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO 2GB kit) PC3500 CL2/1T
    etc

Excellent in all aspects.
    I was used to the highest end Viewsonic CRTs previously.
    I will never go back to CRTs.
    The next time I shop for monitors, Samsung will be at the top of my list.

Happy trailz,

16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Have to agree with you on Samsung, I've used them for years with no issues at all, I still have a fully working, no dead ( until I temoted fate ) pixels on a 15" SyncMaster 570B from Oct 2000.

But I do have 2 of these in work Dell UltraSharp 19" which are equally as good as Samsungs, but I would still go with Samsung as they are a manufacturer of these as one of the biggest R&D and manufacturing company of these panels, so many other makes actually use Samsung panels in their montors.

17. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

i suggest to try tigerdirect. they have nice monitors for cheap
    you can get a new, nice 19" widescreen for 189$ or so... very nice price, ive got one myself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds