best operating system for gaming

Discussion in 'Software' started by spawndemon0, May 18, 2005.

1. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

i was wonderin what is the best operating system for gaming?(dont like DOS games might help)thnx

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Windows with the latest directX will be good.
    Performence in games depend a lot on your hardware.

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

That would beeeeeee, XP.

4. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

Which Xp? profesional or home edition?and how much are OS's?

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Game performance is identical between both.

XP Pro has extra features.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Either variety of XP. I've heard Server 2003 isn't bad for gaming either (supprisingly enough), as it is basically pre-tweaked XP with a few extra bits and pieces, which you can easily disable. 2k Pro SP4 wasn't too bad for gaming either, but I don't think they're updating DirectX with it any more, and some hardware has compatibility problems with it.

7. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah windows xp because most games are only for windows, and thats the latest one.

8. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

NeoNemesis:yeah windows xp because most games are only for windows, and thats the latest one.

Which would be.....?
    ps my dad wont let me get sp2. :eek:

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Then your dad is ignorant.

10. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

y won't he let you get sp2? seems a little wierd to me. :confused:

11. fxman

fxman Private First Class

hes just heard alot bad things about sp2. thats why.

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I read it on the intarweb. It must be true.

Thats not an insult to anyone here, but its amazing how many people take what they read to heart.

Millions have success and don't mention it, 1 person has failure and cries wolf all over the internet. That 1 person is who everyone believes.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'm no IT manager, yet have loaded it on various OEM, and retail installs of XP.

Just a humble techy who has the right answer sometimes. I updated drivers and made sure there were no Sp2 issues with my software installed.

So, how do you explain that?

14. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

My post was directed to the poster above you :)

And no, they never even considered recalling Sp2. How do I know this? Well, because I was there for its launch and all through the rough part. We would have heard it first.

All of our networks were upgraded to Sp2 without issue before it was RTM for the rest of the world.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds