Best paid and free remote desktop software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Speculant, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

i was just wondering what was the best paid and free remote desktop software was. on the free side, i heard that VNC was pretty good, but there may still be better. for the paid side, money is not an issue, i just want to know what the best one is.

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

lol, duh, i forgot to look in wikipedia!

thanks for the link, i would still like some personal opinions, though. what i am looking for is the fastest remote desktop software there is, with minimal lag. i would be using it to view and operate a windows xp computer from a linux computer

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

rdp by microsoft easy as cake, works with linux fine.

4. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

I personally use TeamViewer portable version for Windows to Windows connections. It's free and easy to use. Usability is very good even on weak systems, I've performed a few remote desktop connections on Netbooks and also on a laptop with Pentium M (single core processor).

A few years before I discovered TeamViewer I was using LogMeinFree which is a web based remote control service. Usability is good as well and it comes with a plugin if using FireFox. I stopped using this cause you have to log in to your account, then type in the remote system's password to get to the main screen which is a bit of long process for me.

I use TeamViewer's portable version now cause it doesn't require any accounts or installation to be made and it's also user friendly, even for the non technical person. All one has to do is give his id and password (which changes every time you close and re open the program).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds