Best protection against new threats

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mav, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Mav

Mav Private E-2

Hi all,

I support a few hundred domestic users and in the past have set up a range of free security software on each PC, for example, AVG, spybot, spyware blaster, Windows Defender, and ZoneAlarm.

With the increase in the use of root kits, and the one that particularly bothers me, ransomeware, I am inclined to suggest to these users that a complete package such as Norton Internet Security would offer better overall protection. What do you think?

Going on from this, NIS seems okay on brand new computers, but really struggles on machines more than a couple of years old. So the other questions is, what is the best suite to use for these older machines, either free or commercial?

Thanks very much, your input is appreciated.

Mav :)

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds