Best software for customizing icon graphics?

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Feb 18, 2005.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

Have searched the forums and not found anything on the subject, but I may have missed something... please let me know if there is a thread I could go to.
    The 2 programs I find at the MG files section are...
    E-Icons 4.15 (freeware)
    IconChanger 3.4 (shareware)
    ...but dont know anything about either.
    Any other suggestions/recommendations?

2. akm

akm Sergeant

So far...
    Iconoplasm 2 (beta)
    ...is the leader (intuitiveness, options, simplicity but not too much) for programs that Ive looked at since this initial post.
    Still looking and would appreciate any good info.

3. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

What exactly are you looking for? Are you wanting to create & edit icons?

4. akm

akm Sergeant

Addendum:
    Oops, only have 5min to edit (wish there was more time and if necessary a note for reason for editing) and missed that so adding quick reply as addendum...
    One feature that would be nice is option to use extract (icons from folders/files) and convert (icons to bmps and vice versa) only in order to do editing with 'paint' type program.

5. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Ok, Thats what I thought. I got a program I use, I can extract icons from .dll, .exe, etc; and save as .ico or whatever I want. You can also make your own. Its great for icons. Its called Easy Icon Maker

Visit there Homepage!

Download Free Trial

6. akm

akm Sergeant

bjgarrick, thanks for the reply.
    I think Ive tried EIM in the past (I had a huge desktop crash and switched to a laptop and lost some 'stuff' along the way) and will take another look.
    They offer a 15day trial (not enough time, but weel see) and a special deal for...
    Buy Graphic Converter + Easy Icon Maker Now for ONLY $39.95
    ...and 'Iconoplasm 2 (beta)' is free (not that free is a decider, but it helps) and appears to have similar functionality.
    Guess Ill try I2 for a while and keep the EIM download saved to compare at later time.
    Thanks again for your help.
    akm

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Iconomaker
    Icon Sushi

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds