Best Webhosting software, whats your opinion?

Discussion in 'Software' started by phynestein, Jul 20, 2004.

1. phynestein

phynestein Private E-2

Doing some research into webhosting software interested in creating a website, any reviews i could get about different software would be helpful - thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what are you ultimately trying to accomplish?

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Are you looking for info on web servers, or html editors.. or what?

4. phynestein

phynestein Private E-2

Yea webhosting mainly, I can write html somewhat - but im looking to purchase a domain and run it on my computer and i dont want to pirate software anymore - so with the problem of 'buying' software i want to know what people think is the best.

5. phynestein

phynestein Private E-2

no one has an opinion about webhosting software?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you're going with open source software to avoid having to pay money for webhosting software use

apache
    http://httpd.apache.org/

because unless you have Windows Server version then your Windows Pro workstation is limited to 10 IIS connections.

Hope this helps.

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Apache is good, you'll probably want PHP and MySQL if you want to do any server side scripting, both of which are open-source and free.

Apache does take a bit more setting up than IIS, but its pretty good performing when you get it running

Either that or you shell out the money for Win 2k3 server.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds