1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bestadbid Malware

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by zaslee, Mar 10, 2014.

1. zaslee

zaslee Private E-2

I am new to Major Geeks and came really out of sheer desperation on the suggestion of my brother. I have serious pop-up issues with a website called bestadbids. After some research I think it's because something malicious was bundled with another download, although under Control Panel I can't see any suspicious programme I can try uninstalling.

(I think) I am uploading logs from some anti-adware programmes (TDSSKiller, RogueKiller, Hitman Pro, MGTools...) I ran after reading other threads. I also think I saw some suspicious pirrit.suggestor (who knows what this is).

Please help! I will probably perish without your kind assistance. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there. I still need to see the logs from Hitman, Malware Bytes and MGTools please. :)

3. zaslee

zaslee Private E-2

THANK YOU so very much! I've attached the three logs requested.

Attached Files:

4. Kestrel13!

Hi there.

Are you deliberately set up to use a proxy?

5. zaslee

zaslee Private E-2

Dear Kestrel13!,

I'm not, I don't think. But I'm truly IT-illiterate. I also don't know how to read the logs produced by the various anti-malware tools. Basically I get lots of pop-ups every time I click anywhere on a website, even if it is just to scroll down. I had pirritsuggestor.exe and pirritdesktop.exe but they appear and disappear variously in the %appdata% > local file.

6. Kestrel13!

[​IMG] Fix items using RogueKiller.

Double-click RogueKiller.exe to run. (Vista/7/8 right-click and select Run as Administrator)
    When it opens, press the Scan button
    Now click the Registry tab (Or proxy tab) and locate these detections:

• [PROXY IE][PUM] HKCU\[...]\Internet Settings : ProxyServer (hxxp=hxxp://127.0.0.1:9880 [Country: (Private Address) (XX), City: (Private Address)]) -> FOUND
    • [PROXY IE][PUM] HKCU\[...]\Internet Settings : ProxyEnable (1) -> FOUND
    Place a checkmark next to each of these items, leave the others unchecked.
    Now press the Delete button.
    When it is finished, there will be a log on your desktop called: RKreport[2].txt
    Attach RKreport[2].txt to your next message. (How to attach)
    Reboot the machine.

[​IMG] Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Attach JRT.txt to your next message.

How are things running now?

7. zaslee

zaslee Private E-2

Dear Kestrel13!,

Thank you for the kind help! I have attached the logs from RK and JRT.

I don't have the strange live text on webpages anymore, but still get pop-ups from Bestadbid.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  8. Kestrel13!

Which browser does this occur in please?

9. zaslee

zaslee Private E-2

Both in Chrome and in Internet Explorer. I don't (yet) have Firefox or any other browser.

10. Kestrel13!