Better late than never.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by lbmest, Jan 11, 2009.

1. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Congratulations to you both.[​IMG]

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Excellent! :cool

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Congratulations you two, nice job.

*smiles*

Cat

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

:dood

Congrats!

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I was thinking a bit more about this thread and what it really means. A case in point, these guys achieved what they did with CPU folding and judging by their stats had small farms going.

1M pts. doesn't mean as much today what with massive GPU and virtual SMP folding soaking up those spare quad core cycles. It took me three years to get to 100K, 4 months or so to get to 600K and I'll be at 1M in about 5 or so weeks. Massive folding inflation!:-D

7. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

You took my meaning exactly, augie.
    Older machines were needed in greater numbers to get even a fraction of the points available for the gpu folding clients.

8. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Well done to all :)
    Truly amazing milestones :cool

Perhaps the total amount of hours folding would be a more suitable indication these days?
    Although this is still of course relative to financial situation and access to 'puters.

Doesnt really matter though as long as people keep on folding (and caring)

Every little bit does help :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds