Better Monitor: Samsung or Dell?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hateuall, Nov 11, 2006.

1. hateuall

hateuall Private First Class

I am getting a dell and in the package I can get a Dell 20 inch 2007WFP for about $255. I could also just not get it and pay about $300 or $350 (unsure of price currently) and get a Samsung 20 inch 205BW or 204BW. I know the Dell and Samsung are both TFT- active matrix, but the Samsung is also TN. I am not sure about HD with the SAmsung's so much but am with the Dell. I read that the dell has a 16ms response time while the others have around 6 to 4ms ones.

Anyone try any of these out for gaming, watching movies, surfing, and general tasks? I am not really sure if I should go with the dell or one of the samsung's. Hand's on experience welcomed espcially.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

3. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

16ms is no good for gaming. I've never been a fan of LCDs for gaming until I discovered the VX series of LCD displays by ViewSonic. They are 2ms response displays and bright enough and with sufficient contrast to make you forget that it's LCD. Some LCD screens only look good at one resolution. With the Viewsonic VX you can pick your favourite resolution and you will not be able to detect any differences between your CRT display and the VX LCD display. The quality of my VX is 100% no stuck pixels(pixels that won't turn off), and I have yet to detect any pixels that will not turn on. But. as akhilles suggests, do some reading, and if you have the opportunity, visit a computer store, and check out the computers/LCD screens with the games loaded. Those are the displays that you'll be satisfied with.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds