BF 1942 sound crackling probs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xenos, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Xenos

Xenos Private E-2

I recently bought this game finally along with its Rome expansion. I have this issue with sound crackling. It happens when I get inside a vehicle, such as a tank or jeep. Moving the mouse around inside the vehicle produces crackling popping noises that are quite annoying. I haven't noticed it when walking around on foot. I tried lowering the sound in the game from high to med, but still didn't work. Lowering it to low would probably fix the problem, but I find it ridiculous to have to suffer horrible sounds just to have the game work. Tried lowering the sound in dxdiag to basic but the problem is still there. I have a turtle beach santa cruz with the 4161 version drivers so i am not having the creative labs nightmares. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

2. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

Is the game fully updated? 1.4 patch I think it is.

3. Xenos

Xenos Private E-2

yes

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

update your chipset drivers, if you've got a VIA chipset powered mainboard, www.viahardware.com, if you've got a NVidia chipset www.nvidia.com -> drivers, intel? www.intel.com (and look around, I don't actually go there :)).
    also be sure to update all your drivers, such as videocard and soundcard.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Had same problems with a SB Live. With default XP or CD drivers, its not good enough. Crackling went right away for me once I did that. Apparently the game received awards and such for its sound, so you need to be up to snuff in the sound driver department. Perhaps you can tinker with a couple different versions of the drivers. Be sure to follow Fleppens tip as well with your motherboard chipset drivers, Intel, VIA, SiS, Nvidia, whatever.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds