BID alternative

Discussion in 'Software' started by CatT, May 29, 2010.

1. CatT

CatT I can't follow the rules

I can't seem to get around BID's preview expiration :)(), so i tried NeoDL lite and Orbit as suggested elsewhere. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to USE either of them!

In BID it was obvious. Punch in the URL of the thumbnail gallery, and it went burrowing, grabbing all the linked photos.

With Orbit or NeoDL it either grabs the THUMBNAILS themselves (ugh!), or worse yet, all these seemingly unrelated HTML pages!

What am I supposed to be setting here? I'm not trying to snag anything weird; just pix one link away from a thumbnail gallery.

TIA!

2. CatT

sorry to bump, but...ANYONE????

either some answers to the probs mentioned, or some recos for a NEW APP!

i rly need SUMPIN to snag these pix.

TIA!

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

what site are you trying to get the pictures from? What is BID?

4. CatT

ANY site. typical "thumbnails" gallery.

and..."Bulk Image Downloader". if you've never even heard of it, pls just wait until someone else reponds. that's like saying "what's IE?" when i'm asking about various browser settings!

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

6. CatT

OK, I'm just sayin'. BID is well-known among those who know it, so if I'm asking for an ALTERNATIVE, it kinda presupposes that you know the original.

I've got that plugin for Firefox, btw, but it's the same sort of HTML and IDX files mess that Neo and Orbit were producing.

Shockingly, BID was the ONLY ONE (so far) to extract linked photos via their thumbnails....

Anyone here who really USES this stuff (more than me!), who's overcome these problems in the past?

TIA!

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Try paying for BID, and keep using it.

Also, wouldn't hurt to soften your manner a little bit. You're asking for very specific help with what is a bit of a niche problem. Most of us here don't spend a lot of time on snagging pictures from other people's galleries. ;)

8. CatT

OK, sorry abt that!

I'm usually quite soft, but this problem is driving me BATTY!!

As for the "paying for it"...hmmm...never HEARD of that concept....

;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds