BigFix Registry entry

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kelly30708, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Kelly30708

Kelly30708 Private E-2

(System: eMachines AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 2.08 GHz, 960 MG RAM Win XP SP2. Comodo Firewall, Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware SE, a-squared free, Spybot 1.5, no immunization. Need more info? Please ask!)

This is not a major problem at all, just an annoying one! I previously used Bigfix and I uninstalled it maybe 2 years ago. I recently noticed that it left a registry entry, and I have been unable to remove it. I tried Regclean (jv16) and RegSeeker with no luck. I also tried deleting it directly. Same result! I believe that registry entry is now mocking me.

As far as I know, it doesn't NEED to be removed, but I would prefer not to have anything that I know to be junk in my registry. I've already noticed a difference in speed just by removing perhaps 25-30 old entries and then using Auslogics RegDefrag.

Any ideas on removal, or is it not even worth it? I have zero experience editing registry entries, and I only mess with entries I KNOW are useless.

Thanks!

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Try removing it in Safe Mode.

3. Kelly30708

Kelly30708 Private E-2

Oh...I forgot to mention that: I tried the aforementioned procedures in Safe Mode also. No luck.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

5. Kelly30708

Kelly30708 Private E-2

Matacumbie,

I ran the BF Removal Tool, and it didn't work. I then re-installed BigFix (same version), restarted in Safe Mode, and ran the BF Removal Tool instead of the regular Add/Remove procedure. It STILL didn't remove the registry entry!

I wound up submitting it to BigFix. If there are any other suggestions out there, I'll be glad to try them. Thanks to all who have tried to help thus far!

6. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Try taking ownership of the key. Right click the key and choose permissions.

Choose your account and make sure you have full access to it by checking the allow boxes.

7. Kelly30708

Kelly30708 Private E-2

BirdBath,

With full permissions, it still won't delete it!

The message I receive is "Cannot delete BigFix: Error while deleting key."

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds