bigpond email deletion

Discussion in 'Software' started by Frazzy, May 24, 2010.

1. Frazzy

Frazzy Private E-2

When I am writing an email and then go elsewhere to other pages for a few minutes,to get info for the email,bigpond then cancels my session and tells me to re log in.The email I am writing is cancelled as well.
    This is bloody annoying and extremely frustrating and time consuming for a one finger plodder like me.
    This doesn't happen when I am doing exactly the same type of email writing using hotmail or outlook express.
    Bigponds response was that I should continuously save stuff as I type it.
    But as well as this dubious anawer they have no clue as to why I am continually logged out or have my session expired (same thing)

Any thoughts on this!

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

What browser are you using?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Sadly a fair amount of web based email clients do this and your ISP is likely has session fimes in places so if you leave the email page idle for a while then it session times you out, its a common practice to save bandwidth.

Options:
    1. Type your email up in Word or Notepad first, so this gives you plenty of time to do other things
    2. See if Bigpond email can be setup in an email software client iike Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail/Thunderbird
    3. Use a different email provider, you mentioned Hotmail

The thing about computing is that you have choices, if you don't like one thing try anorther.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds