Bilingual Keyboar Settings (Switching from English to Spanish)

Discussion in 'Software' started by MannaPC, Aug 31, 2006.

1. MannaPC

MannaPC Private E-2

Good afternoon :).

I'm home schooled and going into the 10th grade this year. We use a piece of software called Switched on Schoolhouse to do all of our schoolwork on our computers. This year, since it is required for college almost, my sister and I are taking a Spanish course available by the makers of S.O.S.

My problem is that we need to be able to type in Spanish, and then revert our keyboards back to English. We all use wireless keyboards (1 old Logitech and 2 brand new Microsoft Keyboards) except on the laptop. On the laptop we are able to switch between English and Spanish with no problem to my knowledge (Easy little setting came with that thing ;) ). But with the desktop computers running wireless keyboards the software to enable to special features of them takes over the settings so we cannot access the language tabs!!

I called Microsoft about this issue and found out they would have to charge my 35 bucks to solve this and they said if I did not want to pay that, I could go to one of there user groups which when I looked, were totally dead!! So I said forget that and asked someone who referred me to you guys :).

So, my question shortened up is: How to I make my keyboard bilingual as in able to type in English and switch to Spanish with ease so I can do my Spanish courses.

I'm currently using Windows XP Professional SP2 and the other three computers are using Windows XP Home SP2. They are fully up to date on MS updates, too ;).

Also, I’m not a stranger to computers, so you don’t have to worry about a language gap too much unless you are vague enough to mess this up :p.

Thanks,
    Christopher (MannaPC)

P. S. I will be starting school in about 5 days, so we have 4 to work this out :)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Start / control panel / regional and language/ .....does that do it for ya?:)

3. MannaPC

MannaPC Private E-2

No, my keyboard still will not reconize the Spanish part. I went and added an input type set to Spanish (Mexico) and then set my keyboard to US International it will either type in a non accented character set, or not type Spanish at all... Just English =\

4. TimW

There are a lot of steps to do ....click on languages / details /and set to spanish ..add installed service (both language and keyboard) / then input language to spanish ...apply with each change ...(keyboard to spanish...)

5. MannaPC

MannaPC Private E-2

[​IMG]

Anything notiably wrong in that picture? Looks like it should work to me.

6. TimW

Can't see the other pane ...but that looks right ...is it working?

7. MannaPC

MannaPC Private E-2

well, I do not know for sure really as I do not speak Spanish :p.

My langauge bar says Spanish... But I don't see a difference really :p.

áéíóúñ¡¿

w00t?

Thanks for your help :).

8. TimW

WE NEED A TRANSLATOR!!!! Calling all spanish speaking geeks!!!:) :)

9. MannaPC

MannaPC Private E-2

Lol, it will be a long time before that ;). Althouh, I am rather in love with computers :p... I was just having problems with this.

Thanks again :).

10. TimW

My pleasure ...it's our ultimate pleasure to help those who are trying to further their education ...good luck with your studies.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds