Bios cpu speed @ startup with clock reset!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wrenchman, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrenchman

Wrenchman Private First Class

Hi MG!

Every time I start the Computer it starts up in Bios asking what
    Cpu speed I would like, after choosing, the Computer starts up
    in Xp Pro sp2, with the Clock and Date reset to
    January 2000 @ 00.00 Hours!

As a result the Internal Virus Database is Out-of-Date!

:)

Wrenchman

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I would replace the battery on the motherboard. If it is a laptop, good luck...
    If you have a desktop computer, it is easy. Look for a coin type battery on the motherboard, remove it (with the computer turned off...) and replace it with a new one just like it.

Once you set it up like you have been, it should save the info and boot normally.

E

3. punisher062204

punisher062204 Private E-2

I have the same problem with wrenchman. I also just changed my CMOS battery. But the problem still persists. Is there something else that could cause this prob other than a weak CMOS batt?

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

YOu have replied to a rather old thread.....it would be best to start a new thread of your own. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds