Bios for Power on password???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john7az, Sep 10, 2010.

1. john7az

john7az Private E-2

HOW do i find out what chip on the mother board of an hp probook 4510s laptop that the bios resides in?

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Most likely an EEPROM, but without your board schematics, I couldn't begin to tell you which chip it is...if you can inspect the board, look for a larger, fatter IC - they're usually DIPs, so it would probably be rectangular (north- and southbridge chips are usually square), and the footprints of EEPROMs are such that a physical flash tool (sort of a clip with pins) can be attached for UV transfer...

If you can figure out the mobo's ID #s, you might be able to find an online schematic or map...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds