BIOs on startup - press DEL to run setup, press Tab to view post

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcuhat, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mcuhat

mcuhat Private E-2

Hello

After remove the dust in my tower, during clean up i have start the system whitout monitor screen and shutdonw 2 or 3 time.

When i conect the system back and re started i got this full screen message i was not guetting before during the start up.

BIOs on startup - press DEL to run setup, press Tab to view post whit the Full screen logo PK5-SE...

I have this system for 3 years and never have that start up screen LIKE THIS BEFORE before.I do not know why it is like that now.

I want to Dsiable DEL message, Disabled ForceBIOS and Disabled Full screen logo and get back to what it use to be before.

If somebody know about this please advise.

Thank you

2. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Go into your BIOS and check your boot devices. You should be booting to Disk HDD 0.

I would go back into your tower. Reseat the RAM sticks and check all the cables, especially to your HD and make sure none got dislodged.

If still having a problem, try plugging in a different keyboard and booting. Crazy I know, but I actually had someone with this type of problem and the reason why it boot to BIOS was that the keyboard was failing or had failed.

If still having problems, try removing a stick of RAM and rebooting. If it reboots without issue, there is your problem.

3. mcuhat

mcuhat Private E-2

Thank you for the reply i am at work now i will try this afternoon.

For trying this "Go into your BIOS and check your boot devices. You should be booting to Disk HDD 0".

I usuly do not go play in the bios could you tell me how to do this please.

Thank you.

4. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Sure thing.

When you start your computer, you will see something in the initial screen that says "Press F10 to enter setup" or one of the function keys anyway.

That takes you into the BIOS. You will want to look under the Boot menu and see what order you have things selected.

5. mcuhat

mcuhat Private E-2

Hello

Thank you for your help...

The bios needed to be configurate again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds