Bios reset after set time and date.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MN19, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MN19

MN19 Private E-2

Hi, I'm new at this forum, so if found any mistakes, i apologize in advance x)

The situation is, i have a Foxconn motherboard that does not save data and time settings, and then i can't acess even Msn and Windows Updates.

This happens if after shutting down the system, and turn off the power supply.

Already checked the BIOS battery, and the CMOS jumper.

If anyone could help me i would be gratefull :cool

Thank You...

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

If you know for sure the battery is good and you're not getting the correct time and date after setting it and rebooting, then you have a hardware problem and the MB needs to be replaced.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'd be double-checking the battery. Did you replace it with a new one? Even then you may have gotten a bad battery.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'll still put in a new CMOS battery to rule that out.

5. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Note the only way to properly "check" a battery is to put it under a realistic load. So you can't just put a meter on a battery. A 3V battery can easily show 3V with a meter, then die to nothing when put in the circuit. I agree with the others, get a new battery. Most camera/watch/battery counters will recycle your old one too. A good thing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds