Biostar MOBO problems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jacknimble, May 31, 2010.

1. jacknimble

jacknimble Private E-2

I have a Biostar G31M7TE motherboard, and a Pentium e5200. Starting yesterday, I started receiving a message that "This device can perform faster when used with USB 2.0...." when I plug in my iPhone. I have never received this message in the past, and this board has USB 2.0 according to Biostar's website. I bought the board in Oct. '09, so I can't imagine that it wouldn't have 2.0...When I look in the device manager, it says I have a standard controller, not enhanced. I downloaded the USB 2.0 controller drivers from Biostar's site, and installed them, but no change. WinXP SP3. USB is enabled in BIOS, but no mention of USB 2.0 in BIOS either.

Is it likely that my board is damaged somehow, or am I going out of my mind?:foolish Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

3. jacknimble

jacknimble Private E-2

Unfortunately, USB 2.0 isn't even showing up in the USB configuration settings...

[​IMG]

I never received the Windows USB message until a couple days ago. I think something has happened.

I wonder if a BIOS flash might help...? I can't for the life of me find the box that this motherboard came in. It had my old board, some cables, and the drivers CD in it, but it has vanished... I think my wife may have thrown it away, but she says she didn't:-D I can get the drivers from the Biostar website, so no biggie, but I don't want to attempt flashing the BIOS if it won't help. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds