Birthday reminder software??

Discussion in 'Software' started by cerulean, Nov 19, 2003.

1. cerulean

cerulean Private E-2

I am looking for software that can remind you of birthdays, aniversrys, etc.
    I used to use one on that came with a card printing software but it only sent the reminders when I rebooted my machine. Since I never turn off my computer, this would not work. I would prefer that the reminder not be a email, but maybe a pop-up of sorts. Is there software that does this?

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

If you use M$ Outlook, this can do exactly what you are looking for,,,

also, you can use the free calendar on Yahoo, and have reminders eMailed to you

3. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Abby, you can use Outlook as a reminder for someone's birthday without using e-mail. It's a matter of setting the birthday and when you want to be notified of the event. When that reminder comes up the user can specify how long to "snooze" to be reminded again. :)

4. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Doh! :smack forehead: Didn't read that very well. Well... if Cerulean or anyone does use Outlook then s/he should be alright setting it up as I described. :)

5. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

[rubs forehead] You're welcome. :) [/end rubs forehead]

6. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

and Oooops... I missed the "no email" part when I suggested Yahoo...:D

7. cerulean

cerulean Private E-2

Thank you for your replies. I think I am looking for something like AbbySue suggested. I tried to purchase the Desktop assistant form the site that AbbySue listed but it will not allow me to create a "new member account". Does someone know of similar software or how I can access the Desktop Assistant software?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds