Black Screen after Installing VMWare Player 3.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by tiacovone, Jan 17, 2011.

1. tiacovone

tiacovone Private E-2

Hello,
    I have been doing much searching to reslove the issue but no luck. My system is Windows Xp Pro. I had recently installed VMware player 3.1 and after finishing the installation it had prompted me to restart and when I did the computer went through the boot sequence normally but after the windows logo disappeared I was just left with a black screen. I have tried safe mode with the same results. I have tried to run a repair from the Windows CD and it will not load. The only way I can get a prompt is booting to Windows system recovery option.
    I am left at the C:\windows prompt and a short list of commands available. I was wondering if there is a way to use system restore without booting windows? Any other possible solutions are welcome as I am stuck. Also any other info that I can provide please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds