Black screen after windows loads

Discussion in 'Software' started by bossm, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bossm

bossm Private E-2

Hi there,

Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for Nero 7 from the Nero website. After the download (which was quite chunky) the installation started and then a restart was requested. After the restart, XP seemed to start to load and then everything went blank (black screen). I switched 0ff and now every time I try to start up I get the same symptom. Xp starts to load then the infamous black screen. I can get on OK on Safe mode (hence the post) but not in normal mode. Any suggestions as to the problem?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As you can get to Safe Mode ok, thoughts are...

1. Uninstall Nero and reboot if ok re-install the orginal Nero you had
    2. Boot into Safe Mode and do a System Restore back to just before the Update to Nero was installed.

Seems as if Nero and one of its driver files has cause issue with your Windows install, so next question is is your Windows XP upto date full with all Service Packs and critical updates?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds