Black screen Windows 7 64bit- NO LOGO

Discussion in 'Software' started by lyndonho, Mar 26, 2012.

1. lyndonho

lyndonho Private E-2

Hi there. New to this forum so please bear with. Been reading through the other threads regarding black screen and my issues and although similar it is not quite the same hence the post and plea for assistance.

Pc is acer aspire Z5700 with windows 7 premium. been running fine until recently with free AVG installed. son reported problem about week ago and avg since has been spouting out virus threats since and trying to remove them. Blue screens have started and have been frequent. Installed malwarebytes and ran to resolve but still issues. left the pc to restart last night and came in this morning to find black screen with cursor flashing in top left. power off and the pc will allow entry into setup but then if left will simply got to black screen and cursor top left. have tried to restore and repair with windows 7 cd but says cannot repair. tried the same with rescue disk and doesnt work either. I assume it is a virus issue but cannot get past black screen to safe mode or anything.
    can anyone point to me an existing similar thread or assist?
    Thanks

2. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds