Blank message body in WLM

Discussion in 'Software' started by jmacintosh, Sep 15, 2010.

1. jmacintosh

jmacintosh Private E-2

A couple of days ago I reformatted a dell dimension 4600 with xp. did all the updates sp3 and beyond. Went to load Windows Live Mail 2008 (vers 12) and now all the message headers have reloaded from what was stored on various accounts (rr mail, hotmail, etc.) but the message body is blank. If you view the source info, the message is there, but it won't display in the message (body) pane.

When you put your mouse over the viewing pane I get an hourglass.

I have another machine at home that is running the same version and nothing is wrong there. everything works perfect.

I have a feeling a hotfix somewhere is causing the problem that I may not have yet downloaded on my rig at home. I don't have a reason to believe it is a virus because it is a fresh install of xp.

2. jmacintosh

jmacintosh Private E-2

That many views and no replies?

Guess I'll look elsewhere.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you install the correct version for your Windows versions language, as if you say install a Dutch version of Windows XP and then install a English version of Windows Live Mail then the body of the email window does indeed have the tendency to go blank.

Check your Language and Region settings in Windows Control Panel.

Does your Antivirus application have an email scanning option? if so disable it to test its not causing this.

I was nto a greta fan of v12 of WLM but it worked ok for me, just had some weird quirks, but been using the beta of v14 for a while now and its much better, so uninstall your v12 version and try the beta of v14 HERE

4. jmacintosh

jmacintosh Private E-2

Interesting, when I click on that download link you gave me I get a dialogue box that says C:\Documents and Settings...\Desktop\wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

keep in mind this is on a fresh install of xp sp3 with all patches.

also...the languages are all set to english

5. jmacintosh

jmacintosh Private E-2

Also, since this is a clean install I don't have any av installed yet. was waiting to make this worked before I got into installing all of the other stuff.

IMO it is definitely something within the program becasue the message is in the message source when you look it up in Properties. For some reason it won't display in the window.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds