Blinking blue light on Acer Asprie 360

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by psmurf1, Nov 9, 2010.

1. psmurf1

psmurf1 Private E-2

When I push the power light on my computer the fan comes on but nothing else happens, and the blue power light in the front blinks. I was working fine just before and just shut down. Any ideas?

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, psmurf1.

Have you recently installed any hardware, especially any USB hardware?

If I'm reading the E360 manual correctly, the 'blinking blue light' indicates an S1/S3 sleep mode condition.
    I'd suggest unplugging the machine and removing the CMOS battery for several minutes, reinstall the battery, power up, and see if your symptoms change.
    If not, repeat the procedure, but this time make sure no USB devices are connected.

3. psmurf1

psmurf1 Private E-2

I haven't install any new hardware but I will try the procedure that you have outlined and let you know if it works.

Thanks

4. psmurf1

psmurf1 Private E-2

It worked, thanks again

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Glad you got it, and thanks for the feedback. :major

6. S3v3rlyDamag3d

S3v3rlyDamag3d Private E-2

I have an Acer Aspire AX3400. I was having the same issue where I would hit the power button, the blue light came on as well as everything spinning up but no POST. What I found was the socket the CMOS battery sat in was loose. It wasnt making a tight connection. So I bent the the socket in some and it works perfectly now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds