Blinking Cursor Issue won't go away!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hp Guy, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Hp Guy

Hp Guy Private E-2

I recently performed a clean install of xp pro sp2 after reformatting my hard drive. Just before this re install and still now, I have a cursor that when I type in any pseudo word processing format, it either blinks rapidly or alternates with the normal vertical hash mark with a single period like pixel at the bottom. Several times have I followed the spyware clean up procedure and yet to no avail. This refurbished HP is obviously oem and came with xp home and the pro version used was purchased after and have had to go to great lengths to install correct drivers for many things. The one that has not been successful is the multimedia keyboard/mouse driver nor the graphics driver. Yet, this doesn't seem to be the main culprit.

Any suggestions are welcome. basic sys info is:

xp pro sp2 - 256 ram - 2.6 ghz - 40 gig hd

can provide a full sys profile if needed

THANKS

2. Hp Guy

Hp Guy Private E-2

p.s. I realize this sounds like a software issue, but after searching there and trying the software fixes, I thought it would be a hardware issue.... maybe... lol. Thanks.

3. Hp Guy

Hp Guy Private E-2

Well, it seems that just about the time I give up and post for help, I stumble upon the answer. What seemed to fix it was finally finding a driver that would work... and work better than what I had before.

Better luck next time eh? Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds