Blinking Vista Taskbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by wyldthings, May 25, 2009.

1. wyldthings

wyldthings Private E-2

When I set the taskbar to auto hide it blinks every few seconds! Very annoying. I read somewhere in a forum about enabling/disabling the network icon or turning off activity animation... none of this has worked for me. I would just leave it showing all the time, but because of a problem with Excel workbook tabs not displaying I have to hide the taskbar. Any other fixes out there? My operating system is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

This could be caused by any of the applications that have icons in your system tray, if you can disable/stop all of them then reboot and see if the flashing has stopped, if it has then enable one application at a time, to see what one is causing this.

Can use msconfig and its startup tab list to disable all, to get to msconfig, just click Start and type msconfig into the Start Search box.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds