block website? -=content advisor=-

Discussion in 'Software' started by ISR, Jan 5, 2006.

1. ISR

ISR Private E-2

Hi, to cut a long story short..

my daughter has signing up for profile website, (yes she is underage)

one the most popular ones is "myspace.com"

i have used content advisor to block the website on her computer but it also dis allows her from some msn websites eg, news and weather.

for example i can block "www.myspace.com"

how would i go about blocking eg. "myprofile.myspace.com" "music.myspace.com" "browse.myspace"

blocking "*.myspace.com" doesnt work

any ideas?

thansk alot. :rolleyes:

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi, you said the maigic word "daughter", then broke my heart saying she is underage. :(

Have you tried persevering with Content Advisor, but adding the sites it's not allowing access to in your Trusted Sites list? (security tab)

You could also try ZoneAlarm You do have a firewall, regardless of your connection type?

There are dedicated programs like NetNanny, but I don't really think much of them.

3. ISR

ISR Private E-2

i dont think much of net nanny personally, zone alarm is ok, in the end i just blocked individual links (listing each main url) with content advisor. at least now she should get bored of 90% of the pages not working.

thanks alot for your help :)

I will still keep in mind the other possibilities for the future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds