blocking a website

Discussion in 'Software' started by Modtechs, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Modtechs

Modtechs Private E-2

I am currently working on a customers computer and he has requested that I block a site, so his teenage daughter cannot access it. I have attempted to input the site in restricted sites, yet I can still access the site and the other buttons, which take me to other pages.
    I am hoping that either A) I can simpley do it myself, or B) find a program that will resolve my issue.
    He also uses SBC/Yahoo DSL and I haven't really messed with this before.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

The program below will install many bad sites in your restricted sites zone for IE.(I use this program)

- Download IE-Spyad from here: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/res/ie-spyad.zip
    - Double click on my computer icon
    - Click on there main drive (eg;C)
    - Right click and click on create new folder
    - Name the folder ie-spyad (eg;C:\ie-spyad)
    - Extract all the files from the zip file to that folder
    - Go back to the ie-spyad folder
    - Double click on the install.bat file
    - Press 2 on your keyboard
    - Let it install then press anykey once its done too exit

- Lets see if it worked.
    - Double click on Internet Explorer icon
    - Go to the Tools tab
    - Click on Internet Options from the drop down menu
    - Click on the Security tab
    - Click on Restricted Sites icon
    - Click on 'Sites'
    - If it takes awhile too load thats ok, once done you should see a list of restricted sites.

The site you may be wanting to block may be in the list but not 100% sure. Just try the site after making sure IE-Spyad was installed correctly.

Brandon

3. Modtechs

Modtechs Private E-2

believe it or not, he wants me to block myspace.com. They are a religious family and I respect that, so I want to help them in anyway I can. He is willing to buy like NetNanny, but is holding off until he buys his daughter a computer, in the near future.

4. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

5. Modtechs

Modtechs Private E-2

I was actually able to block it with Avast. I should have figured that out earlier. But, I appreciate your input.

6. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Glad you could figure it out :)

Brandon

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds