Blocking ones download(specificly Torrent) through Router?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kranky1, May 5, 2007.

1. Kranky1

Kranky1 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to block ones download / upload through my router? Both comps are ont he same router but one is downloading a torrent which creates a huge amount of lag for me unfortunetly. I mean i'm in my router IP. I know it is much easier to just go to the computer and stop the download / upload, but I don't have that option atm :(. So if someone would PLEASE help me i'd GREATLY appreciate it and you would save me a ton of trouble.

A little picture I took so you get to see what you're working with. I use NETGEAR router, model RP614v2

[​IMG]

Thanks for atleast viewing :(

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Go here

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/rp614v2.asp

It's the netgear support page. download the user manual in PDF format. I just looked at it and it takes you step by step on Blocking Services. Thats what you want. All you need it the Bit torrent ports.
    Prior to version 3.2, BitTorrent by default uses ports in the range of 6881-6889. As of 3.2 and later, the range has been extended to 6881-6999. Torrent is also a TCP connection oriented protocol, NOT a UDP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds