Blue Screen (0x116)

Discussion in 'Software' started by olimpia7, Oct 20, 2013.

1. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

Hello,
    While I was playing game freezes and I got a reboot after which a blue screen with code 0x116 i checked it and it had to do with video card and drivers. I reinstall all the drivers rebooted and yet there it is again, I tried different version of drivers but every each of them after restart showed the same blue screen. I tried the video card on other computer it starts normal but after installing the drivers and rebooting the blsod is there again. I bought new video card, but it showed nothing but black screen, like the monitor never turned on, which I tried on other computer had the same thing (I suppose the new card is malfunctioned). So I am not sure what to do here, go change for a new card, fix somehow the old card or is it the motherboard's fault??
    I have :
    Windows 7 32 bit.
    The old video card is ATI RADEON HD SERIES 4670
    The new video card is GEFORCE GTX 650
    Motherboard is ASUS P5KPLM - VM

THE atachments is what happens if I put my ATI card.

Attached Files:

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

hello olimpia7...

Just to clarify. Are you exeriencing problems on 2 different PCs with both the Radeon and with the NVidia like this?

Radeon PC1 Y PC2 Y
    NVidia PC1 Y PC2 Y

Not sure what the second picture is of. Is this the normal BIOS on one of your PCs?

Maybe it would help if you could identify the PCs by name and say which PC is having which problem with which card...

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

This might be happening due to the fact that the latest drivers are not stable yet.

The best idea would be too downgrade the video drivers.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

What is the PSU make/model#?

Check the voltages in the BIOS and report back with them.

Did you fully uninstall the old drivers before switching graphics cards?

STOP 0x116/0x117 Troubleshooting

5. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

I have downgraded the drivers it didn't work.
    The pictures is from my PC while i put my Radeon old video card with which the problem started.
    Model number of PSU is 575 P2P
    Voltages in BIOS are :
    VCORE Voltage 1,296v
    3,3v Voltage 3,280v
    5v Voltage 5,043v
    12v Voltage 12,091v

I Did fully uninstall the graphic drivers before switching the cards...
    By the way i can have access to Safe Mode while my Radeon card is inserted, after having a bsod i can go in safe mode without problem. I know it sounds like the drivers but i have tried the windows drivers, have tried the last drivers from ATI site, have tried previous versions of those drivers again from ATI site, didnt work...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  6. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

7. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

I have done complete drive wipe, but I will give it a try, so before inserting my video card i uninstall the insert and install the drivers from ATI RAdeon??
    Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. falconattack

Yes , this is a good point because many times some rubbish from old drivers is the problem :wave

9. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

So, I did use the program you send me, after rebooting with my video card and no drivers at all there were no problems except than my motherboard picture as in atachment i added is again in white dots, I opened windows after which i installed the required drivers then rebooted and again BSOD, after I still could go in safe mode where i just turn off the PC in order to remove video card. In other words its not the drivers i suppose...

10. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

11. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

No, i have disabled windows updates a long time ago now...

12. Goldenskull

Sorry i fell a sleep last night was up for 24 hours.

But any way i see falconattack and satrow are helping.

Seeing what you have tried so far.downgraded the drivers it didn't work ok that is a bummer.Can you tell us how many watts are on the PSU you might need to open the case for this,The minimum watts that the one video card needs is 400 watts.

13. falconattack

14. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

My PSU has Max Power 405W.
    Alsoe i am attaching you the lates .dmp file ( its from when i tried again my ATI RADEON and had BSOD, i also used the program you send me and all drivers were clear )

Attached Files:

• 1.txt
      File size:
      1.8 KB
      Views:
  15. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

Alos, I reinstalled windows tried my new card same think first time boots then after driver installation and rebooting blue screen 0x116 :cry:cry

16. Goldenskull

As of right now i am guessing you are pushing the limits on your power supply 405Watts and you are running a video card that requires minimum amount of 400.

I would up grade your power supply to see if that helps.

You all ways got to check your watts on each part that is put in to a computer.I would say may be get a 550watt power supply that is what i have and works fine for my GTX 550 TI super clocked evga video card.I would recommend on not doing any kinda gaming at all until a new power supply is added.

17. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

Yes you are right my card is 400 W minimum and PSU is 405 max so I guess that maybe the problem, but still I dont understand why my old card has blue screen the new now doesnt show at all only black screen, and cause I am really not good with all these stuff, what PSU you would suggest for my ASUS P5KPLM - VM motherboard or it doesnt matter?

18. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

19. Goldenskull

You could have fried some thing while trying to plug in a 400 watt video card when you only have a 405watt psu.This does happen.

20. olimpia7

olimpia7 Private E-2

Not, only that by my mistake I didnt notice that my new card had 6 pin power supply :p which i havent connected so I need a new PSU any suggestions?? I am looking up to 45 euros and about 550W and higher I suppose should be sufficient.
    Thank you in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds