Blue Screen and I cannot load f8 options

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gnaeus, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Gnaeus

Gnaeus Private E-2

Hi. Ok so I was on my laptop(vaio about 2.5years old, i can try to get you the specs if that will help) not doing anything abnormal, just surfing the web and watching a video i believe and my computer froze. I tried crtl+alt+delete but nothing and tried to get the start button up but nothing so i shut it down by holding the power button.

I then tried starting it back up. It took me to the 4/5 option list of
    Safe mode
    Safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt
    an advanced thing starting from last known good configuration
    normal

I did normal because that is what i normally do and when it starts up it doesn't load past the black screen with the green loading bar and the copyright windows and the year.

So i shut it down again and tried safe mode. In safemode it did the blue screen thing and so i tried it again and now it just freezes in the "loading windows files" screen with a list of Loaded: /windows/system32/drivers/(then various drivers). the last one is always crcdisk.sys then at the bottom is a Please wait...

If i do the command prompt safe mode open i get the blue screen with the a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

some more text about if this is the first time etc. then

Technical info:
    *** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x85CAZBD0, 0xC00000BS, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I honestly have no idea what to do!! I might be able to get a windows disk and try to repair but im in japan for another 2 months and i dont know if i can.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time!

-Jake

2. pattyandme

pattyandme Private E-2

unmountable boot volume is your hard drive .I belive your HD is shot but it could be a bad sector or crupt data. try an advanced thing starting from last known good configuration

if you can get into the recovery console you might be able to run ckdisk to ckfor disk errors.
    you can load win 98 dos to a ram drive download for a usb and boot from it.
    then get a program called ntfs4dos as the hd is formated in ntfs and wont be visable to dos with out software to mount it. to recover any data you have on the drive and move it to the flash drive (usb)
    or f disk the drive in dos and reformat to fat 32 then reinstall windows and reformat again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds