Blue Screen Driver IRQL not less or equal

Discussion in 'Software' started by PC Neophyte, Jun 17, 2008.

1. PC Neophyte

PC Neophyte Private E-2

Hi!
    I've searched this forum to make sure this is not a double-up so apologies if I *have* doubled up.
    Recently I had Word 2003 installed on my PC (from 2002) as need it for a particular template. Also had ram upgraded. Another recent factor is ISP technician suggested one day that I do a procedure through Run that would "refresh" my system. Sorry, can't remember what he asked me to type in. Anyway, browser disappeared after I did what he said and one of the engineers then guided me thro loading Mozilla onto PC as a browser.
    Since all three of these events (quite close together) I keep getting a blue screen with the error codes which I've put in the attached Word doc.
    Have also looked at the sytem error log and all of the errors are:

E1005B (event 4)
    W32Time
    Dhcp (event 1002, event 1003)
    System Error.

I use my PC for work and am worried it's going to just die on me one of these days. The guy who installed 2003 has done a hard drive test and reckons it's okay. He says it's software.

Would gr8tly appreciate any assistance and am (obviously) not overly computer literate (ie need simple language!)

Many thanks

PC Neophyte

Attached Files:

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

You can find detail of event id's here:

http://www.eventid.net/

I might be able to help you with one of them. W32Time or Windows Time - synchronizes the computer time with a server. Click start > run > cmd, enter these commands:

net stop W32Time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start W32Time

Go to start, control panel, date & time, internet time, update now.

3. PC Neophyte

PC Neophyte Private E-2

TKU! Will try that and c if I can at least get rid of one of them!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds