Blue screen error Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Add|ct, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Add|ct

Add|ct Private E-2

Hey, I'm working on a Dell Dimension 3000 with original hardware( HDD RAM etc). They computer keeps displaying this message after the windows loading screen appears:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF803EB6, 0xF94857C4, 0x00000000)

win32k.sys - Address BF803EB6 base at BF800000, DateStamp 47e0e106

There isn't a message like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or anything like that. Just the error above when starting up the computer at the blue screen.

I booted from CD and it sees the HDD and the Windows installation on 'C:\'.

When I go to 'set up Windows XP now', it sees 3 different partitions:

-: Partition1 [FAT] 39 MB (31 MB free)

C: Partition2 [NTFS] 34601 MB (5305 MB free)

E: Partition3 [FAT] 3499 MB (245 MB free)

Unpartitioned space 8 MB

Anyone know what I can do? I can't boot up into safe mode or anything. It keeps going to blue screen. This version of Windows XP doesn't give me the 'R' option on the partition with windows. I tried doing a fixboot and fixmbr in recovery console after doing a chkdsk /p.

ADDED: Its XP home edition.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Add|ct

Add|ct Private E-2

Apparently this blue screen with this code has happened ever since a power outtage. How do I check to see which part was affected?

3. Add|ct

Add|ct Private E-2

OK I ran the hardware tests that came with the system during startup and all memory, hard drive, and motherboard tests passed. I'm going to do a clean install of XP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds