Blue Screen Error (winsrv was not found)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ryan1775, May 26, 2009.

1. ryan1775

ryan1775 Private E-2

Hello Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My system all of a sudden won't boot up. It say STOP: c0000135 {Unable to Locate Component} The application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix problem

I have tried all safe modes to no avail, Ran all test (they all pass)

Please Help

2. ryan1775

ryan1775 Private E-2

My Dell did not come with an XP Disc everything came preinstalled

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

What do you mean?

Can you get to safe mode or not?

tests, What tests?

4. ryan1775

ryan1775 Private E-2

when I hold F6 at startup I can get to a screen with Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Last Known Good Configuration.

I have tryed all of these to no avail, they all end up with the blue screen error.

The test I ran, from F12 at startup menu where I think its a Dell system thing it test the video, the keyboard, the memory etc. All tests past

This is a windows problem but I don't have a XP disc because this computer did not come with a physical disc. It was preinstalled

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

6. ryan1775

ryan1775 Private E-2

Thanks, but that is for inspirons that came with a system restore disc. If I had that CD I'd be a happy camper

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds