Blue Screen Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by freddy_74, Aug 13, 2008.

1. freddy_74

freddy_74 Private E-2

I am currently experiencing problems with my Dell laptop (win vista home premium edition), it crashes and restarts in a loop every 8 minutes with a blue screen with an error code which reads; 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8205E9DD, 0x82BC8BDC, 0x82BC88D8). I have pretty much abandoned the laptop as I cannot even troubleshoot within the 8 minutes period and as a result currently using an older, slower PC because I can't solve this problem.

Although Microsoft recommends installing the latest service pack, however, I cannot install it within the 8 minutes when the computer is active. In addition when I click on the event viewer to get more information on the problem it reads: MMC error event handler cannot be setup.

Please your advice will be highly appreciated.

Fred

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

I have moved this to the Software Forum which is more appropriate.

You should test to see if the problem also occurs when you boot in safe mode.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Have you tried in Safe Mode? Dos the error still occur or can you use the computer?
    2. Have you tried restoring the computer to a time before the error started occurring?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds